Sketchy Androidess

Still extremely busy with the thesis but thought it might interets some of you to see a step by step from sketch to color(and had a perfect pic for that at hand...). So here goes.

Initial sketch where I've already started refining the eyes and mouth


More refining, looking for the shape of hair


Added a black background and started playing more with light.


Starting to play with color. I felt the background was too dark and took something away from the character so I went back a few steps at this point.


Final image. In the end it was too light without the bg but as black felt too harsh I added a purple "glow" around her. Actually the purple layer is over the whole pic and also adds nifty 
shades to some areas.

And there you have it. The picture was originally meant for an ad but didn't feel it suited the purpose so in the end I did the whole thing again and this ended up being just another character sketch thingy.

The final ad(where I cleverly found use for the earlier business card sketch...)



**Edit**

Normally I flip the pictures at some point of drawing them to check the antomy but with this one I never did. Now I just flipped it and almost kicked myself as it looks sooo much better this way. Damn. Whish I had shown that to the customer.



Comments

Popular Posts