Elektra by Gilbert Monsanto and Alejandro D. Sicat Jr

I already colored this pic some time ago but was hoping to find time to work on it a bit more some day so I never posted it. Well, I don't seem to find the time so here it is with mistakes and all. And yeah, the ninjas in the background suck, I know :D

The pencils are by Gilbert Monsanto and the inks by Alejandro D. Sicat Jr. Alejandro was kind enough to give me a permisson to color his inks.

 The finished colors


The original pencils
The inks

An in progress shot




Comments

  1. Is there any particular reason you post mainly colorations of existing line-art or is just the kind of art you like most as spare time work?
    And do I recognize correctly, that you also kept the Wordpress from David's course? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I started coloring stuff during boring classes, just not to fall asleep :) Then quite suddenly people started offering me work in coloring comics. I find coloring stuff really relaxing and fun so I said yes and am currently coloring two ongoing comics and one short one-shot. I still obviously do other work too(web sites, graphic design, whatever). I just decided to keep this blog mainly as a coloring blog. My portfolio for the other stuff is elsewhere.

    And no, this isn't the same wordpress thing. Even simpler, an automatic blogspot one. I just never got around to coding myself a proper page :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ok, didn't realize your works were "for work" so to speak, as on facebook only single pictures and no full framed pages popped up. ;) And yes, they are great in fact. Makes me thinking about doing it again, like I did when my tablet was new.

    And, well... Since I started my bachelor report on a C++-Project I started modifying my Wordpress and an associate phpbb to keep my mind off. Kinda my painting ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts